The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news with a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. Stacking the Shelves @ Tynga’s Reviews is a place to share the books you received in the last week. So many bloggers from different genres sign up for these two features that I’ve been able to expand and diversify my reads. Of course, that adds to a longer TBR!
What a fabulous week we had for reading outside! My deck is in direct sun most of the day, so I need to get a better umbrella for some shade, but I love my gravity-free lounge chair, which has a shade. I also got my first pedicure of the season, metallic blue; I like looking down and wiggling them!
BOOKS FINISHED – More time spent reading than usual.
- The Canterbury Sisters by Kim Wright
- Sea Glass Sunrise by Donna Kauffman
- One Murder More by Kris Calvin
- Sweet Forgiveness by Lori Nelson Spielman
- The Knockoff by Lucy Sykes and Jo Piazza
- The Amazing Journey: True Story of a Father and Son’s Journey Around the World by Grady Hicks
ONLY 1 REVIEW POSTED
The Prodigal Sister by Laurie Elliot
The Truth According to Us by Annie Barrows – Loving it!
Blueprints by Barbara Delinsky
After this one I can slow down to a couple a month. I foolishly got a little click-happy when I signed up for NetGalley, thinking I wouldn’t be approved to anything. Big mistake!
FROM THE LIBRARY
- The Black Box by Michael Connelly
- The Kill Room by Jeffrey Deaver
- The Sum of All Kisses by Julia Quinn
AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE – Some nifty posts I read this week.
- Nancy Drew turned 85 last week and Theodore at The Mary Sue wrote a great article about her influence on American girls.
- Wicked Junkee shares 10 Common Ways to Offend Someone on Social Media. Definitely read this to be sure you’re doing it right. [See what I just did there?] It’s funny, but way too true.
Kaja from Of Dragons and Hearts discusses Un-Recommending Books, aka Negative Reviews.ORGANIZING THE BLOG
I’m 1/2 way through the Blogging Ahead Mini-Challenge sponsored by Herding Cats & Burning Soup. The goal is to have two weeks worth of posts ready to roll out so you’re prepared if life dares to interfere with blogging. Or a handsome man sweeps you off for a week of !laughing and relaxing. I’ve been preparing posts for the memes in which I participate: Book Beginnings, Friday 56 and Top Ten Tuesday, musing on a few discussion posts and roughing out some reviews. Essentially I’m writing at least two posts a day right now because I have to keep up with current posts, too. Right now I have nine scheduled and fourteen drafts.
So, what activities are you up to in the blogosphere or IRL? Baseball season is here, so that’s a big time commitment if you have kids who play Whatever you’re up to, remember to laugh every day!