The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news with a post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. Stacking the Shelves is held at Tynga’s Reviews and is a place to share the books you’ve gotten in the last week.
I’m quite pleased with myself today, because I completed so many posts in advance as part of the Blogging Ahead Challenge with Herding Cats & Burning Soup. After writing reviews for every ARC I’ve finished, I have complete posts for 4 out of 7 days a week through the second week of June! Weekly Wrap Ups obviously aren’t done, but I also have seven (!) discussion posts that I am saving as drafts for when I want to use them. If I get sick or get swept off my feet by a man who wants to fly me to Fiji, I’m all set!
My birthday was on Wednesday. I still round up to 50, and with having cancer off and mostly on for 12 years, I consider that a good thing. My niece was also inducted into the National Honor Society that evening, so it was a good day all around. This is a cartoon my mom included with my birthday card. She always sends ones that are perfect for the individual.
I’M A WINNER!
I won a great prize pack this week from Mama Vicky Says celebrating her seven month blogging anniversary: bath salts, soap, note card and Amazon GC. Vicki has great advice, recipes, and book reviews, of course. She even has a $25.00 eReader giveaway going on right now.
- The Truth According to Us by Annie Barrows (ARC) Loved it! Review to come.
- The Kill Room by Jeffrey Deaver
- The Sum of All Kisses by Julia Quinn
- The Canterbury Sisters by Kim Wright
- Plus a companion post: Learn With The Canterbury Girls (Hint: It’s about food!}
FROM THE LIBRARY
- The Liar by Nora Roberts
- The Black Box by Michael Connelly
- The Mapmaker’s Children by Sarah McCoy
ARCs I NEED TO READ THIS MONTH – Only 1 left!
Blueprints by Barbara Delinsky Then I can slow down to a couple a month. I foolishly got a little click-happy when I signed up for NetGalley, thinking I wouldn’t be approved for anything. Big mistake! Although I really like everything I’ve been reading, it starts to feel like school assignments, you know? I want to pick something from my personal TBR next.
READING AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- Jeanne @ Happy Indulgence discusses the pros and cons of Emotional vs. Critical Book Reviews.
- Mel from The Daily Prophecy has some thoughts on Personal vs. Professional Book Reviews.
- Personally, I want to know What’s up with all the cats?
- The May New Release Giveaway is on at It Starts @ Midnight and Librarian Lavender. Seventeen blogs are giving away books coming out this month.
BLOGGER USERS: I visit almost every blog on this meme, but Blogger is giving me error messages when I try to leave comments. Even if you don’t have blogspot in the URL, it happens with blogs that have their own URL and are hosted on Blogger. Please don’t think that i have dropped you from my visiting routine. I have contacted them about the problem.